Thursday, August 8, 2019

Need To Know Basis?

Yesterday was a little more exciting than it needed to be. Tomorrow we are heading out on our Florida Trip at 8:30 in the morning.  Because of that I've been working to get everything taken care of that I need to before we go. One of the things on the list was to go and take care of the lawn for my gran. It wasn't too bad because it really hasn't rained in quite a while, mostly it's just some tenacious weeds that have shot up here and there. Sal had a dentist appointment early so we were up and moving a bit early than usual, and headed over to my Gran around 9:00 so that I could get all her yard work done before it got too hot, and so that I'd have time to work on some stuff around the house.

We got to my Gran's and Sal got her suitcase out of the car (she always packs a suitcase full of toys and things to take to visit Gram-Gram). We knocked on the door, and waited. However, my gran didn't answer. So I knocked again, and waited. Again nothing. So I went to her other door in case she was down doing laundry and knocked again, but still no answer.  Sal and I decided that perhaps she was in the shower since it was about an hour earlier than our usual time to come over. So, I called her, but again, there was no answer. I then tried the cell phone, but again no answer.  By this time we'd been there for 10 -15 minutes, and I was starting to get worried that something happened. I don't have a key so I called my mom and asked if she did, and explained the situation. She came down a few minutes later and tried her key, but it didn't open the the deadbolt. My mom was about to break a window when my phone rang and it was my gran.

I answer the phone and she seems completely unaware that I've been outside for 20 minutes now trying to get in.  However, there was good reason for that, she was calling me from her room in the hospital.  Earlier yesterday morning she felt her heart was racing and that it was abnormal so she called for an ambulance and was waiting to have some tests done. She didn't bother to tell anyone because it was the middle of the night and there wasn't anything we could have done about anything. She had planned to call me when she did because she didn't expect me so early because we usually come over later than we do.  She seemed oblivious to the fact that we'd want to know that she was going into the hospital.

The good news is that after some tests it turns out she has a condition that sometimes she could get into an abnormal heartbeat, which isn't a huge deal as long as it's managed. She got out of the hospital this afternoon, and is doing fine. The funny thing is that this isn't the first time that's happened. Way back in the early 2000s I went to visit my gran and grandpa and when I got there both their cars were there but no one was answering the door. When I called my mom she said, "oh yeah, they're both in the hospital right now." Like, maybe those are things that people would want to know so that they're in the loop on what's going on.  The good news is that things are fine and it's not a serious issue that I was worried about since yesterday. I'm really earning this vacation tomorrow!

Picture(s) of the Day: 
Picture 116
Well, it's not quite done yet, but we are leaving for Florida tomorrow so this is where we at as of now. I'm very displeased because despite saying it wouldn't yellow right on the can, it yellowed a lot. So, we'll see what we can do when we're back.

No comments: