Saturday, August 17, 2019

No, Stop!

I haven't really been one that has been sad as Sal has gotten older. It's fun to watch her do new things and to be able to go and do things with her. Going to Disney was such a great time, and it was so much fun to be able to take her on her first roller coaster. She even put her hands up on them when we were sitting together, which was totally cute.  I also love her at this age because we'll be sitting on the bus going to and from the parks, or we'll be sitting at home watching tv and she'll just want to come sit next to me and put her head and hand on my arm and just cuddle in.

I think this is probably my favorite age, because we can do so many fun things but also she still really likes us and wants to sit and cuddle. It makes me start to feel like maybe I want to keep her this old forever. I love that she is small enough to sit and rock as we read stories before bed. I love that she likes to get up in the morning and watch some Sesame Street as we sit together under a blanket on the couch. It's not going to be long until she's too old for that. I mean, it's only 14 more years until she's going to be going off to college. That sounds like a long time, but it goes by so fast. I mean it's only been 14 years since Becky and I got married. It goes by so fast and I love having her at this age and it's so fleeting. Before you know it she's going to be an adult, buying her own house, and we'll be lucky if we can get her over once a week for dinner. Or who knows, she may end up moving to Guam or something.

At the same time, each new stage brings fun new experiences that we get to have with her. This year we're working on getting her onboard for swimming lessons. She's also going to start ballet this fall, which was her idea.  I know as she gets older we'll be able to go do things like hike on glaciers, visit other countries, and do things that she will enjoy that she hasn't discovered yet.  That is exciting, so since we can't stop time and stay in the same age forever, at least we have so many fun things to look forward to.

Picture(s) of the Day: 
Picture 123
It was dark, but there is one single bloom on the hydrangea plants this year. One year we got a ton, and then we go in this alternating nothing and then like one or two.

No comments: