Monday, January 8, 2018

Back To Reality

Today was the first day back, we didn't end up getting a snow day. It wasn't that bad being back, the students were mostly fine, though they were a little more hyped up than I expected after a break. The day went a lot faster than I expected that it would, but teaching makes days go by fast because every hour to hour and a half you're switching classes, which really breaks the day up pretty well. It wasn't too bad going back because I like my job, and enjoy teaching.

At the same time, it was hard going back to work because I enjoyed so much having all the time off to just spend with the family. It's probably harder now because Sal is at home all day and it'd be so much better to just be home all day with her. Though, in just two and a half years she'll be going to school too, so it won't be too hard going back because she'll be going back too. I've often felt like if I were independently wealthy I'd still do my job because I just like doing it. Though after the last two weeks off I kind of feel like I'd prefer to just stay home. I'm sure that once I'm back in the flow of things I won't feel that way, but right now I'd rather have been able to just stay home still and do whatever I want. Someone want to give me millions of dollars so I can continue living the life I do and still be able to stay home?

I consider some family members who spend a lot more time at home due to the jobs that they have, which aren't as demanding. At the same time they also don't pay much. So it's all well and good that they get to stay home and relax a lot, but I'd rather have the job so that I'll be able to have amazing experiences rather than staying home all the time because we couldn't afford to do anything. I grew up that way, where the only place we really went was the once a year trip to Cedar Point. I never got to go to Disney, even though I really wanted to. We never went out to dinner, except for maybe a birthday trip to Red Lobster. We didn't travel anywhere. That wasn't a very fun way to grow up. I enjoy that Sal will have more experiences, I mean, she's only three and has been to more states that I had until I was in my 20s.

So, while I'm struggling to get back in the swing of things right now, I'll be fine in a few days once it's all back to normal. I also appreciate the way that we're able to live, the things we're able to do, and the fact that Sal has been saying lately that I'm going to take her to see Mickey Mouse (and lately she's been adding that we're going to go on a plane), and it's something that will be possible, not a dream that will never happen.

Picture(s) of the Day: 
Picture 8
Becky is excellent at theming, and makes all these neat little signs. I think my favorite was probably the Winnie the Pooh party.  This time of course we had the M-I-C (see ya real soon) sign on the door. She also made this for the adult beverages.

No comments: